Students, staff, parents and governors of Bohunt School in Liphook are today celebrating another year of outstanding examination results.
Overall, an incredible 80% of students at the school achieved a Grade 4 or better in English and in maths, with a 4 the new grade set by the Government as a pass, in the new, more challenging exams.
With success across the board, results in English and maths were particularly impressive, with almost 85% of students achieving at least a Grade 4 in English and more than two thirds of students achieved a Grade 5 or higher – defined by the Government as a “strong pass” or better.
There was also real success in maths, with 86% of the students achieving a Grade 4 or higher, and almost 70% of students achieving a Grade 5 or above. An astonishing 8% of students achieved a Grade 9 in maths, which is the highest grade attainable in the new grading system.
Students were awarded over 150 of the brand new GCSE top Grade 9s (equivalent to an A**) across their GCSE subjects.
The proportion of Grade 9s per students at Bohunt School in Liphook was also particularly high with:
- 10% of students achieving a Grade 9 in English Language or Literature
- 8% of students achieving a grade 9 in Maths
Other subject areas that have achieved great success, with almost all students achieving at least a grade 4 or above, are Statistics (100%), Mandarin (100%), Dance (100%), Philosophy and Ethics (100%), Biology (99%), Media (97%), Physics (96%), Chemistry (93%), Drama, Art & Economics (90%).
There were some outstanding individual success stories this year, with:
- Jessica Williams, is celebrating achieving top grades in all 10 of her subjects – 7 grade 9s, 2 A*s and an A in additional Maths (the highest grade possible). A truly outstanding performance.
- Beth Barnes, is celebrating achieving 5 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s and 2 As (including Additional Maths).
- Evie Weston is celebrating achieving 5 grade 9s, 4 grade, 1 grade 7, 1 A* and 1 A in Additional maths.
- Sophie Smith is celebrating achieving 5 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s and 1 grade 7
- Lottie Tellyn is celebrating achieving 4 grade 9s, 4 grade 8, 1 A*, 1 A in Additional Maths and 1 B.
- Thomas McKnight is celebrating achieving 4 grade 9s, 5 grade 8 and 1 grade 6
- Sebastian Chad, is celebrating achieving 7 grade 9s, 1 grade 8 and 3 As (including Additional Maths).
Bohunt School is also celebrating the first set of Sixth Form results, with students in Year 12 sitting the Extended Professional Qualification. A staggering 100% of students achieved an A* grade. A fabulous achievement from our first cohort of students.
Year 9 and 10 students are also celebrating today, with the Year 9 French immersion class achieving 100% pass rate, with 72% of students achieving a grade 7-9 and Year 10 Statistics students achieving 100% a grade A*-B.
Neil Pittaway, Head of School at Bohunt School, said:
“We are incredibly proud of the excellent results that have been achieved today, which are a testament to the dedication, effort and hard work of our students and staff. At Bohunt School, we are committed to ensuring the achievement of every student, and we are delighted that our Year 11 students have achieved the brilliant results they deserve.
Neil Strowger, Headteacher and CEO of the Bohunt Education Trust, said:
“Across all of our schools we have seen record performances in many areas due to the hard work of students, dedication of our staff and first-class support from parents and governors. From a Liphook perspective, special mention must go to Jessica Williams, Bohunt Head Girl, who achieved the perfect 10! To gain the top grade in every subject is phenomenal and will be realised by only 0.2% of students nationally.”