Dear Parents and Carers
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
As we shared at the recent transfer evenings, this year we are running two CLIL groups in Spanish and Mandarin. Therefore we have more places on offer than in previous years. Currently we still have places available and would encourage students to apply to participate in this programme. As we stated at the recent transfer evenings, the benefits of this programme include:
- Greater resilience and perseverance
- Increased opportunities to work as part of a team
- Developing of problem solving skills
- Greater levels of progress across all subject areas
- Increased levels of independence
- Ability to immerse oneself in learning a language
- Gaining a GCSE 2 years early
We had planned to hold an Information Evening tomorrow night. However, in order to give parents more opportunity to consider their application, we are postponing this until Tuesday 11 June at 6.30pm.
If your son/daughter is interested in applying for the CLIL group, please do fill in the application in your pack (also attached to this email) and return to email@example.com by Monday 10 June.
Despite the application, you will not be committed to the CLIL programme at this stage and will be able to withdraw you application following the information evening.
Should you have any questions please do contact Mrs Stafrace in the first instance.
Head of School